It’s that time of year again. Stores are filled with candy hearts, roses, and reminders to tell that certain someone how you feel. And while Valentine’s Day can be a lot of fun, it can also be a little overwhelming to navigate. The truth is, you can’t pour from an empty cup. You have to love yourself first. Whether you’re coupled up or flying solo this year, there’s no better time than the month of love to show yourself some TLC. Here are 16 fun ways to treat yourself like the VIP Valentine that you are.
- Pamper yourself — Nothing says ILY like an at-home spa day. Light some candles and run a bubble bath, slather on a DIY face mask, and give yourself a mani-pedi.
- Write yourself a love note — Who else knows you better? Spend some time writing a sweet letter to your past self. Be sure to tell the old you how proud you are of the new you!
- Spend time with your friends — Gather your tribe for a day of fun. Whether you stay in or go out, be sure to do something that will leave you with good memories forever.
- Turn your phone off — Give your eyes (and your mind) a technology break. If you can't bear not to check your phone for an entire day, try turning it off for a couple hours while you read a book. You'll feel so refreshed.
- Have a dance party — Is there anything more fun than blasting music and dancing like noone's watching? Doubtful. Get your groove on!
- Buy yourself flowers and chocolate — You don't need a bae to celebrate Valentine's Day! Treat yourself to a romantic gift as a reminder of just how loved you are.
- Do some yoga — Show your body just how much you care by going to a yoga class or doing these easy moves at home.
- Throw a Galentine's Day Party — Gather your gal pals and throw an epic party. Cook up a delicious recipe, indulge in some Valentine's Day themed drinks, and bask in all the love from your crew.
- Have an orgasm — Um, yas! Orgasms feel amazing and are actually really good for you. Treat yourself to some pleasure for Valentine's day!
- Go on an adventure — Treat yo'self to an epic day of exploring. Who knows where the day could lead?
- Or do absolutely nothing — Sometimes the best way to love yourself is to let yourself rest. Snuggle up with a good book or have some solo Netflix and chill time.
- Say no — You can't pour from an empty cup. Say no to something you really don't want to do today. Setting boundaries for yourself is a powerful act.
- Make a gratitude list — Grab a notebook and write down every single thing you feel grateful for. Whether it's big or small, remembering how good life is can be great for your soul.
- Get a workout in — A big part of self-love is treating your body right. Get sweaty at the gym or go for a run in your neighborhood.
- Make a matcha latte — Matcha has a ton of health benefits (and tastes delicious). Whip up a latte and show your body just how much you love it.
- Give back — It's easy to get caught up in your own problems. This Valentine's Day do something kind for someone else. Whether you volunteer, donate money, or just do a random act of kindness, you'll make someone else's day. And that will give you quite a boost of self-love!
Show your vagina some love with a Lunette menstrual cup!
Use code LOVECUPS6 for $6 off any Lunette cup (and free shipping in the U.S.).