Are you frustrated by your heavy menstrual periods?
Lunette may be able to help. There are lots of causes that can contribute to a heavy menstrual flow. From hormonal imbalance to Endometriosis - there are more than a handful of reasons why you could be experiencing excessive menstrual bleeding. Even the "heavy" days of a "normal" menstrual cycle can contribute to anxiety about a potential tampon leak or a soaked through pad.
How do I know if I have a heavy menstrual flow?
You may have a heavy menstrual flow if you need to change a regular absorbency tampon or pad every three to four hours - though you may need to change your tampon or pad more frequently. Still curious about where you fit on the menstrual bleeding scale?
How Lunette menstrual cups can help:
- The Lunette menstrual cup can hold more than twice the amount of liquid than a super plus absorbency tampon. You'll empty your menstrual cup less frequently than changing your tampon. That's lifestyle friendly!
- There no reported cases of TSS (toxic shock syndrome) in connection with use of menstrual cups since they were invented in the 1930s.
- The average woman spends nearly $84 per year on disposable tampons and pads. Lunette is a one-time cost that will last you for years - and save you money.
- The Lunette menstrual cup doesn't absorb moisture like tampons or cause sweating like pads.
- You can wear the Lunette menstrual cup for up to 12 hours - that's 4 hours longer than what's recommended for tampon use! Though, on a heavy flow day you may have to empty your menstrual cup more often.
- You can measure your flow with the Lunette cup. The lines outside of the cup help to monitor your flow. Very handy info to have in case you need to discuss your menstrual flow with your doctor.
Of course, we at Lunette recommend to talk with your healthcare provider if you are concerned about your menstrual flow.