When it comes to talking your parents about menstrual care options it definitely helps to know the facts. Menstrual cups are not a new concept- In fact, they have been around for about 100 years. However, still many people may not be familiar with the concept of them. Here are some tips for talking your parents (or anyone, really) about menstrual cups.
First of all, What IS the Lunette menstrual cup? (The quick and friendly version.)
The Lunette menstrual cup is reusable menstrual protection. It is a safe, easy to use, and a hygienic alternative to pads and tampons.
Now that we have that over with….
It helps to make a list of reasons why you’re interested in menstrual cups. Points to note could be…
- The average person spends about 80€ per year on disposable menstrual products. Lunette is a one time cost that will last for years.
- If you can menstruate, you can use a menstrual cup. Even young users can use Lunette and virginity is not an obstacle for usage of a menstrual cup. (We recommend the smaller Lunette menstrual cup, the size 1 for younger users.)
- Using the menstrual cup is environmentally friendly. No accumulation of plastic applicators and wrappers.
- The Lunette menstrual cup is as easy to use as a non-applicator tampon. Simply fold and insert!
- You can wear the Lunette menstrual cup for up to 12 hours. That’s longer than a super absorbency tampon!
- There have been no reported cases of TSS (toxic shock syndrome) associated with the use of menstrual cups.
- It’s discreet. You can keep it tucked away in your bag and it fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. Not to mention you won’t be leaving a paper trail of wrappers behind.
- The silicone design of Lunette menstrual cups is hygienic since it naturally discourages the growth of bacteria. The risk of infection is much less than that of tampons or pads.
- It’s easy to use. Wash, fold, hold, insert, remove and rinse. Reuse! More details on how to use a menstrual cup can be found here.
It may take some time for someone to digest all the information that you have given them regarding menstrual cups. You can always leave them with an informative web link (like, Lunette.com) so that they can look over the information at another time.
Where can Lunette menstrual cups be purchased? I don’t see them at any of the big box stores?
You can easily purchase Lunette through any of our retailers. We have a list of our international dealers here.
Does Lunette ever giveaway FREE Lunette menstrual cups?
We do! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the most current announcements and links to giveaways!