6 Ways To Remove Menstrual Cup Smell
Mon Mar 23 15:48:00 2015
“How do I remove the funk from my menstrual cup?” Don’t be embarrassed.- It’s not the first time that we’ve heard this question… To answer this easily, the team at Lunette have complied 6 easy and effective tips to getting rid of menstrual cup odor.
- Boil your menstrual cup. Boil your cup for 5-10 minutes. Make sure you use a deep pot to boil your menstrual cup otherwise you will risk burning or warping your menstrual care device!
- Rubbing Alcohol. Wipe thoroughly or soak your menstrual cup for an hour with rubbing alcohol. (Soaking in hydrogen peroxide 3% will freshen it too.) Pro tip: You can also use a toothpick soaked in rubbing alcohol to clean out your menstrual cup holes. Allow your cup to air dry in the sun completely before use.
- Lemon Juice. Soak your menstrual cup for an hour, or wipe down with lemon juice. Be sure to boil your menstrual cup for a few minutes to get rid of any lemon juice residue before use!
- Spirit Vinegar. Make a solution of half water and half vinegar and soak your menstrual cup for an hour.
- Cleansing wipes, specifically for menstrual cups. The Lunette CupWipes are a great, easy option for sanitizing your Lunette menstrual cup when you don’t have a chance to rinse it with water. The wipes are individually wrapped and fit conveniently in your purse or pocket. You can use your Lunette menstrual cup anywhere you go – at the gym, office or even camping!
- Menstrual cup wash. The Lunette Feelbetter Liquid Wash is designed for washing a silicone cup. But you can also use some other liquid soap that is fragrance-free, oil-free and has a mild to acidic pH (between 3,5 and 5,5). Just be sure it does not contain oils, since they can stick to the cup and create a film that could irritate the body.
Do NOT use washing up liquid or wash your cup in the dishwasher!
Some women just have a stronger odor in their menstrual flow (and also one’s sense of smell is better during your period.) Pro tip: Always rinse the cup first with cold water- it helps!
|Running while on your period? Here's why you should...||Sep 06|
|You should definitely be exercising while on your period.|
|Get exclusive coupon codes, news and tips from Lunette!||Aug 23|
|Get exclusive Lunette menstrual cup coupon codes, news and tips from Lunette!|
|How to Handle Period Stains Like a Boss||Aug 12|
|Raise your hand if you’ve ever gotten a period stain. Now, raise your hand...|
|Top 7 Chocolates I Want While PMSing||Aug 09|
|I’m no scientist but I do know the benefits of chocolate outweigh its side...|
|Tampons vs. Menstrual Cups||Jul 26|
|When it comes to managing your period, there are a lot of different options...|
|How to Use a Menstrual Cup||Jul 19|
|One of my favorite parts of using a period cup is that I don’t have to...|