Lunette - a brand on a mission.
Created for rebels at heart who are conscious in mind, we have products that break taboos and start conversations. It all started back in 2005 when our founder Heli Kurjanen designed the unique Lunette Menstrual Cup, still our bestseller, and since then expanded to variety of intimate wellness products ranging from condoms and lubricants to supplement and cleansers. We are here to encourage people to make intimate wellness a priority.
Passionate about creating positive change, Lunette has been supporting global efforts surrounding issues in period poverty, sustainability and human rights since 2010 through their various giving back projects.
Today, Lunette Cups are sold in nearly 50 countries, with a loyal fanbase found all over the world. Just some of the many reasons why 99% of users recommend Lunette Cup to their friends.
We believe in radical transparency and that is why all our products are clean, safe and good for you and the planet.
So, how did Lunette start?
Heli Kurjanen had a vision about the future of period care. Tired of bleeding into tampons and pads, she decided to buy a menstrual cup online, only to find that these things also didn’t work for her. However, the freedom and flexibility of a menstrual cup sparked a light in her brain. Why not make my own menstrual cup, one that actually works for me?
With laser vision and improved design rooted in safety, ease, and comfort (and compatible for menstruating people of every age, shape, size and childbearing stage), Heli led the charge to create the world’s top menstrual cup – Lunette.
Heli’s home country, Finland, took Lunette by storm. In a short space of time, Heli went from stay-at-home Mum to CEO of one of the most forward-thinking period care brands in the world. Sales were strong, which helped Lunette go international. Team Lunette believes in bringing education, opportunities, and intelligent period care solutions for every menstruating person on the planet – because no one deserves to stop their normal day-to-day life just because they don’t have access to safe and comfortable menstrual care.
Whilst the Menstrual Cup remains one of the most popular products in the Lunette range, under Heli’s leadership the brand now creates and distributes a variety of intimate wellness products, ranging from condoms and lubricants to supplements and cleansers.
Her rise has seen her not only grow Lunette to an international market leader, with cups sold in over 45 countries, but also led to Heli winning multiple awards including National Entrepreneur of the Year in Finland in 2017. As the business grew, Heli actively harnessed the power of the Lunette platform to resolve issues impacting people with periods all over the world - from period poverty to climate change. In 2022 Lunette was announced as the official menstrual cup partner of the UN, which will see Lunette Menstrual Cups distributed each year to vulnerable people all over the world.
- Klarna Growth Awards "small business" winner 2022
- German Sustainability Award winner 2021
- Life Organic Awards 2020 Russia
- Life Organic Awards 2019 Russia
- JCI Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World (TOYP) - Global shortlisted TOP 20 Issued by JCI (2019)
- Women of Europe Awards 2019 - shortlisted nominee Woman in Business Issued by EMI- European Movement International and the European Women’s Lobby
- JCI Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World (TOYP) Winner - Finland Issued by Junior Chamber Finland (2019)
- The Woman of the Year 2019 Issued by BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN FINLAND Ry.
- "Uudisraivaaja" 2018 National EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award in Finland
- National Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 Issued by Suomen Yrittäjät Ry.
- Juupajoen Vuoden Yrittäjä 2009 Issued by Juupajoen Yrittäjät Ry.
- Pirkanmaan Vuoden Nuori Yrittäjä 2009 Issued by Pirkanmaan Yrittäjät Ry.
We lead by example, practicing period positivity and shame-free bleeding.
No matter how you identify, you're welcome here with open arms.
We are committed to leaving the earth better than we found it.
We believe Lunette is the future of period care.
Everyone with a uterus deserves easy access to period care products.
By educating people about menstruation, we are activating the power within.